Our Process | Process Length | Application Status | Application Errors
How can I check the status of my immigration application?
There are two ways to find out about the status of your Immigration application:
- By using the e-Client Application Status service on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) web site
- By calling the CIC Call Centre in Canada - You can choose to follow the instructions to listen to their Automated Voice Request Service (AVRES) options or speak to a Call Centre representative directly (press 0 at any time).
Use this Citizenship and Immigration Canada on-line service to view the status of your application if you have:
- Sponsored a member of the family class;
- Applied for permanent residence as a member of the family class;
- Applied for permanent residence from within Canada as the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Applied for permanent residence as an independent immigrant (for applicants who applied before January 1, 2002), a Québec skilled worker, a provincial nominee, a federal skilled worker, an investor, an entrepreneur, or a self-employed person;
- Applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal);
- Applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship; or
- Applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
Before using this service, please be sure to have a copy of all the documents you have received relating to your application(s): These may include one or more of the following:
- A copy of your application
- Your financial receipt(s) (IMM 5401)
- Any official document issued to you by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. How up-to-date is the information on the e-Client Application Status service?
E-Client Application Status information is updated on a weekly basis.